Week Two Summary

The end of the week is much better than the start. After being drained last Saturday, it took me until Tuesday to recover but I only blame myself. Rachel, the PHD Advanced Nutrition team member that I have been working with told me that it would be a good idea to have Ultima Hydrating Electrolyte Powder on-hand to help maintain my electrolyte balance. I did not have it on-hand so I ordered it from Amazon and paid a little extra to get it as soon as possible.  I received it on Monday afternoon which is why I did not feel right until around Tuesday. I have been drinking one in the morning and one in the afternoon so I feel fine and doubt I will find myself in the same situation again. If I know anyone starting the Keto Diet, I will tell them to get an electrolyte supplement sooner rather than wait until you need it.

I've been learning to take some time out for myself everyday. I have known that I need to do so for a long while but have never felt that I really could not carve out any time to do so. The truth is you can't but you need to. What I mean is the things filling up your life will keep filling up your life if you do not put yourself as a priority. I now set aside 30 to 40 minutes to get some vigorous exercise in. I have also taken some steps to be able to dismiss excuses that I have to not get out to the track and walk some laps. I have brought a bag with clothing, towel, and soap so I can change before hitting the track and clean up afterwards. I'm fortunate that we have lockers and a shower at the office so I'm taking advantage of it.

I've lost 8.6 lbs so far which is great. I have 38.4 lbs to go to reach my goal. Two weeks down, 14 more to go. I can't wait to hit my target goal but I will say that I've already seen some nice results. I notice that my pants are fitting much better than they did before. When I get to my goal, I'll need to buy some new clothing. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Eight Summary

Week 1 - Day 1

Week Six Summary