Week Fourteen Summary

Once again, I have neglected to post to this blog for several weeks. I am now down to my target weight. (Really just above but close enough that I'm now in the maintenance phase of the diet.) I'm currently at 151.9 lbs (fit Aria) or 150.4 lbs (RENPHO). I'm super excited that I'm at my goal. I've lost 45.1 lbs so far. I plan to loose a few more pounds over the next few weeks. I plan to get to 145 and maintain my weight between 145 and 150 lbs. going forward.

My average weight loss over the past 14 weeks has been 3.2 lbs/wk. My rate of loss was a bit more than called for by the PHD program so I feel very fortunate. I believe my attitude to stick with it and not being tempted to cheat along with my increased activity level made the difference.

Since my last post, I had a cold or maybe the flu, which reduced my activity for two weeks. (No, it was not the keto flu.) This really did not have an impact on my weight loss but it did impact my Couch to 5K program. When I was sick, I had completed week 6, day 1 of the program. Yesterday, I just completed week 6. At this point I should have completed the program but at least I'm getting there. My target completion date is now 9 November.

If you do decide to start running and do a Couch to 5K program such as C25K by Zen Labs, know that your worst enemy is your own mind. When I'm on the longer runs, like yesterday's 22 minute run, I'm always thinking that I need to stop for a break or I can't wait for it to be over. I get through it by asking myself, "Am I breathing hard?" My answer is "No". I then ask, "Are my legs tired and about to give out?" My answer again is "No." I then say, "Well what is the problem? Why do you think you need to stop?" To that I have no answer so I keep going.

I think that is one of the amazing things about being on this diet or else my attitude that I do not need to run all out but just finish. I find that I can keep my breathing to a slower rate than I recall having when I was younger and I seem to have more than enough energy to keep going. It is kind of strange but I'm loving it. As I said, I think that my attitude helps that I'm not trying to be fast and I don't care if people think that I'm running a bit slow. Sometimes I think I need to pick up the pace a bit. I may try to pick it up a little bit but I concentrate on my breathing and when I feel that I may be starting to breathe a bit heaver, I slow back down. I think I may get a bit faster as time goes on but right now, I need to keep moving along so that is my plan.

Here is an updated chart showing my progress to date.
I plan to update this post with a picture so you may see my progress. If I do not update this post, I'll include a photo in the next post.

Update: Here are some photos.

  

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Eight Summary

Week 1 - Day 1

Week Six Summary