Week 1 - Day 1

Intro

I was inspired to go on the Keto Diet to loose weight after I saw the success that my friend Scott had on the diet. He is a real evangelist of the Keto Diet and Dr. Ashley Lucas at PHD Advanced Nutrition. I will be working with the PHD Advanced Nutrition Team remotely as I am not near any of their locations. I decided to go with PHD Advanced Nutrition rather than someone locally as I feel confident that I will be able to hit my goal with the team and the support of my friend, Scott.

Last week, I had a phone consolation with Dr. Ashley Lucas. After speaking with her, I understood more about the program and was excited that she felt that I should be able to hit my target weight in 16 weeks. I then had a follow up call from Rachel who is helping me to get started. I have some homework for the first week. One of the main assignments is to write a letter explaining why I am getting started on this path and what I hope to get out of it. The reason for the letter is to solicit support to hold myself accountable to stick to my goals. I have had a few days to think about it and I plan to write a few letters instead of just one. The reason is that several people that I care about in my family have had issues with weight and have been frustrated with other diets that they have tried in the past. I am hoping that I can inspire them to make a lifestyle change as well.

Part of trying to inspire others is to simply document my journey so others may see how I am progressing. I believe it will help me to stay the course as well and remind me of where I came from and how far I have come. If I am having a rough day, I hope I can look back and see how I have progressed.

Images and Stats

Side View - Day 1 Front View - Day 1
Weight: 197.1 lbs
Waste: 43 inches
Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Here is my picture for my E-5 Board in 1990. In this picture, I weighed around 144 lbs.

Here is some information from my Fitbit Scale.
Weight

BMI

Lean vs Fat


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Eight Summary

Week Six Summary

Week Two Summary